Join @OurParents for another dynamic #ElderCareChat conversation on Wednesday, April 6th at 1pm ET. We’re thrilled to welcome Dr. Jill Bjerke (@DrJillBjerke) to guide us in a conversation about keeping seniors safe. Mark the date, invite friends and colleagues, and register now!
About our guest: Dr. Jill Bjerke, or Dr. Jill as she is known to clients and colleagues, is an international aging in place (AIP) expert and consultant. She is founder of Cut the Clutter Co., a downsizing and transitional housing assistance company, and has just released the only aging in place home assessment mobile app available today – Silver Spaces. The app addresses issues like transportation, finance, socialization and health, has been downloaded in 7 countries and received rave reviews for its ease of use and thoroughness.
Discussion questions are as follows (subject to change):
- As a caregiver to a senior (past/current/future), what safety issue worries you the most?
- What are the most common senior safety hazards in a home/community living setting?
- What safety issues are perhaps less commonly known?
- How can you minimize risk/protect the seniors in your family/care?
- What should seniors consider if they want to age in place at home?
- What prevents seniors from using technology?
- What are the technology trends that will keep seniors safe as they age?
- What is the one biggest barrier seniors and their caregivers encounter?